Brigade's pioneering initiatives
A few examples…
- Brigade Towers (our very first project) was, at the time, the tallest building constructed by a private property developer in Bangalore.
- Brigade Software Park was the first project by a private property developer to be awarded infrastructure project status by the state government.
- The Brigade Homestead chain was the first professionally run serviced residence facility in Bangalore.
- We were one of the first to partner with leading international firms on a range of projects. Brigade has partnered with Hellmuth, Obata + Kassabaum (H.O.K.), New York—whom international industry surveys rank as one of the world's leading architectural firms—in the design of the Brigade Gateway integrated enclave. And have entered into agreements with world-class organisations like Starwood, InterContinental and Accor for the operation and management of their hospitality projects, under the brands Sheraton, Holiday Inn and Mercure.
- Brigade has conducted national and international design competitions to tap the best design talents. The design of The Woodrose club and MLR Convention Centre are the result of design competitions.
- Among South Indian property developers, we were the first to implement the SAP package. And one of the forerunners in implementing an ERP system.
- We introduced the enclave concept to Bangalore. To date we have created five enclaves—Brigade Komarla Residency, Brigade Gardenia, Brigade Millennium, Brigade Metropolis and Brigade Gateway—each of which met new expectations and set new benchmarks. Of these, the most recent is the 40 acre Brigade Gateway enclave. Comprising 1200 apartments, the WTC Bangalore office facility, Orion Mall & Multiplex, Sheraton Bangalore Hotel, Galaxy Club, Columbia Asia Hospital and The Brigade School, Brigade Gateway may be one of the most outstanding integrated enclaves in the world.
- Two enclave projects in the making—Brigade Orchards and Brigade Meadows—will be even more complete and self-contained.