An overview of Brigade Group
Brigade Group was established in 1986, with property development as its main focus.
Today, Brigade is one of South India's leading property developers. We are headquartered in Bangalore, with branch offices in several cities in South India and in Dubai. We have a uniquely diverse multi-domain portfolio that covers property development, property management services, hospitality and education. Our projects extend across several major cities in South India: Chennai, Chikmagalur, Hyderabad, Kochi, Mangalore and Mysore.
A reputation for innovation, quality and trust
We are known to be a professionally managed organisation with a stable and confident business model. We have shown an impressive compounded annual growth rate—even during difficult market and business cycles (like the depression of 1996, the post-9/11 shadow period and the present recession). And in the process of successfully negotiating changing conditions, Brigade has created a brand name that stands for trust, reliability and innovation, across all its domains.
National and international recognition
Construction World ranked Brigade among India's top10 builders in 2007 and 2008. The company has also been awarded the 'Regional Developer of the Year—South' Award 2009, instituted by Realty Plus, India's leading real estate publication.
This year, Brigade was on the Forbes magazine list of the top 200 'Best under a Billion' companies in the Asia-Pacific region. In the words of Forbes magazine, "Judging from its performance relative to the regional benchmark, our list has historically been a good place for investors to get ideas about Asian investments. That could prove particularly true this year. Members of our 2008 list have proven themselves capable of navigating stormy economies thus far—a good sign should global growth continue to sag."
(For a full list of recognitions, see the Awards and Certifications links on the right.)
Companies under the Brigade Group umbrella
Brigade Enterprises Limited (BEL)
BEL, Brigade Group's flagship company, is a successful public limited company that has completed 67 residential, commercial, retail and hospitality projects, covering over 6.74 million sft of developable area. Many more projects are in different stages of conceptualisation and creation, in different cities in South India. These include luxury apartments, integrated enclaves, state-of-the-art software and retail facilities, serviced residences, resorts, clubs, schools, 5-star hotels, a hospital and an SEZ.
Brigade Hospitality Services Limited (BHSL)
BHSL, a subsidiary of Brigade Enterprises Limited, was formed in 2004. Its ventures in the hospitality business include a chain of serviced residences, clubs, hotels, resorts and spas and a convention centre.
Brigade has significant interests in:
Tandem Allied Services Pvt. Limited
Tandem, with both Realty and Home Loan divisions, allows Brigade to become a one-stop property management services provider. The company undertakes facilities management for software industries, commercial buildings, serviced residences, residential buildings, bungalows and guest houses. Today, Tandem manages nearly one million sft of real estate in Bangalore.
AEC Infotech Pvt. Ltd
AEC Infotech brings in expertise in the area of construction management software and
project management services.
In 2003, Brigade group set up a not-for-profit trust:
The Brigade Foundation
The Brigade Foundation focuses on the areas of education, health and community development. Currently, its emphasis is on education at the school level. The Foundation established The Brigade School @ Millennium in J.P. Nagar, Bangalore, in 2004 and is in the process of setting up an international school, which will open this academic year near Whitefield, in Bangalore.
Brigade's pioneering initiatives
Brigade has a series of "firsts' to its credit. (For a full list, see the Track Record link on the left). The company can lay claim to pioneering initiatives that include:
- Introducing the enclave concept in Bangalore.
- Associations and partnerships with international design, hotel, resort and healthcare chains: Brigade has partnered with Hellmuth, Obata + Kassabaum (H.O.K.), New York—whom international industry surveys rank as one of the world's leading architectural firms—in the design of the Brigade Gateway integrated enclave. And have entered into agreements with world-class organisations like Starwood, InterContinental, Accor and Banyan Tree for the operation and management of their hospitality projects, under the brands Sheraton, Holiday Inn, Mercure and Banyan Tree and Angsana.
- Path breaking approach to design: Brigade has conducted national and international design competitions to tap the best design talents. The design of The Woodrose club, MLR Convention Centre and Banyan Tree and Angsana Hill Resort and Spa are the result of design competitions.
- Upgrading professional standards and practices: Among South Indian property developers, Brigade were the first to implement the SAP package. And one of the forerunners in implementing an ERP system.
Green Inititaive in Corporate governance
Click here to read the letter and to download E-Communication Registration Form.
Towards creating world-class environments
The high standards for which we are known are constantly being upgraded by a high-calibre team. We draw upon a national and international pool of professional associates, employ modern construction technology, work in a professional environment supported by ERP and follow best practices of HR management.
Brigade has an impressive record of creating valuable civic infrastructure in the cities of Bangalore and Mysore. In a nutshell, this is Brigade's track record:
- Successfully handled 100 buildings in 67 projects, ranging from 0.1 million sft to 12 million sft.
- Completed projects include 41 residential, 21 commercial and 5 hospitality properties.
- On-going projects include 2 enclaves, 12 residential and 2 hospitality properties.
- Forthcoming projects include 4 integrated lifestyle enclaves, 14 residential, 9 commercial and 5 hospitality properties, aggregating to approximately 29.33 million sq. ft. of developable area.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Over the 22 years of Brigade's evolution, we have taken many initiatives as corporate citizens of Bangalore and Mysore. Our efforts include redevelopment of slums, renovation of a police station, adoption and beautification of parks and traffic islands and the setting up of public toilets. More specifically, we have:
- Developed and constructed the 24th Main Road extension in J.P. Nagar, now known as Brigade Millennium Road.
- Instituted the state-wide Young Achiever Award, in association with Rotary Bangalore Midtown, to recognise the achievements of young people in Karnataka. (See the YAA link on the right for more).
- Instituted scholarships for the 8th and 9th semester Civil Engineering students at R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Installed a statue of Swami Vivekananda at Ulsoor in Bangalore.
- Brigade is in the process of forming a not-for-profit social business enterprise to create housing for economically weaker sections of the society. This company will become operational in 2009.
In the words of Mr M.R. Jaishankar:
"My vision and objective through my company encompass not just building better homes or offices…but providing a better quality of life for people who are part of any facility we have created—through the development of world-class neighbourhoods that will enrich the lives of anyone living or working within these self-contained environs. I aim at making Brigade Group a world-class organisation and a name to reckon with in the property development and hospitality sector.
"…We intend to continue to focus on innovation and maintain our present momentum on all fronts. We also intend to continue to use technologically advanced tools and processes, continue to enhance our architectural, design, construction and development capabilities."
Take your time to explore our website and get to know us better. Please write to us if you would like any further information.