A trailblazing legacy
We are proud to announce that our Chairman & Managing Director, M R Jaishankar was conferred with an Honoris Causa Degree (Doctorate) by the Bangalore University for his meritorious contributions to ‘infrastructure development and philanthropic approach for social cause’.
The degree was conferred by His Excellency, Shri. Thaawar Chand Gehlot, Hon. Governor of Karnataka, in the presence of Chief Guest, Padma Vibhushan Dr. K Kasturirangan, Former Chairman, ISRO; Dr. C N Ashwath Narayan, Minister of Higher Education and Skill Development, Government of Karnataka; and Bangalore City University Vice Chancellor Prof. Lingaraja Gandhi, and other dignitaries.
GIVING BACK TO BENGALURU
- Currently, under the Brigade Foundation there are three not-for-profit ‘The Brigade Schools’ in Malleswaram, JP Nagar and Whitefield with nearly 4000 students.
- The Brigade Foundation along with St. John’s Medical College and Hospital established the ‘St. John’s Health Centre’ during Covid. Additionally, a not-for-profit, full-fledged 120-bed hospital is being established on Kanakapura Road.
- Founded the Indian Music Experience, IME, a monumental and philanthropic initiative of Brigade Group, conceived and sponsored to give back to society and to educate the present generation of the rich culture and diversity of Indian music. This is the first and only music museum in the country and is an institutional affiliate of the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles. Furthermore, the museum has also received support from the Government of India, the Government of Karnataka and other corporates.
- Developed a 2 km long and 60 feet wide road stretch that transformed the 7th and 8th phases of JP Nagar.
- Developed the 3-acre Sangolli Rayanna BBMP Park at Subramanyanagar, Bengaluru West.
- Developed the 5-acre Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Playground in Malleswaram West.
- Rejuvenated and restored the 24-acre Seetharampalya Lake in Whitefield.
- Redeveloped Yeshwanthpur Police Station.
- Earlier instituted an annual state-wide Young Achiever Award, in association with Rotary International, to recognise and encourage the achievements of young people in professional, cultural, social or other specific areas of endeavour.
- Contributed statues of Swami Vivekananda, Mahatma Gandhi and Sir M. Visvesvaraya in different parts of Bangalore.
These are just a few of the many contributions made by Mr. Jaishankar to this city.
“ He has done exemplary work in making a difference not only by changing the skyline of Bangalore, but also through his valuable contributions to social services, his interest in arts and music, and many other aspects. ”
– Dr. K Kasturirangan
Former Chairman, ISRO and Chairman Drafting Committee, NEP 2020