Brigade REAP – The First Accelerator Programme in India for the Real Estate sector inaugurated
A brainchild of Nirupa Shankar, Director - Brigade REAP, Brigade Real Estate Accelerator Programme (REAP), is the first initiative of its kind in India, set up with the aim to give innovators & inventors in India, in sectors relevant to real estate, an organised approach to help build sustainable & scalable businesses.
A report by the Indian Brand Equity Foundation said that the Indian real estate market is expected to touch US$ 180 billion by 2020. The housing sector alone contributes 5-6% to the country’s GDP. Retail, Hospitality and Commercial real estate are also growing significantly, providing the much-needed infrastructure for India’s growing needs.
Brigade REAP has been conceptualised to combine resources within the group, as well as with partners and well-wishers to add value to young companies and help them build innovative and path-breaking companies from India.
Mr. M. R. Jaishankar, CMD, Brigade Group
The 6 key pillars of engagement with young companies will be:
- Product Development
- Technology Road Map
- People Strategy
- Go-to-market Strategy
- Marketing, Branding & PR Strategy
- Investment Readiness
Brigade REAP will focus on
- Internet of Things - Smart Homes, Smart Communities, Smart Cities, Home Automation, Building Management Systems (BMS), Analytics & Enterprise Data Management, Construction Management etc.
- Nano Technology - Nano Technology advancements to make lighter structures, stronger concrete composites, energy efficient glasses, self-cleaning paints etc.
- Cleantech & Renewables - Alternate energy, improved technology for higher efficiencies, waste & water management etc.
- Visual Computing - Facial recognition, video security & surveillance, video analytics, augmented reality & virtual reality etc.
- Logistics - To address issues faced in logistics & supply chain, improve efficiency etc.
The purpose of this programme is to help bring about exponential operating efficiencies not only to our business, but the industry at large.
Nirupa Shankar - Director, Brigade REAP
At REAP, we work on ensuring that innovative ideas are not lost in execution and find the perfect application in the real estate industry.
John Kuruvilla - Chief Mentor, Brigade REAP
The accelerator will give young companies access to deep domain knowledge in the real estate sector and the focus to solve real, on-ground issues that plague the industry.
Apul Nahata - Mentor-in-Residence, Brigade REAP